On 05th September 2014, the first Project Management Day took place in regional area East of GPM German Association for Project Management e. V., held in cooperation with the industry network Silicon Saxony e. V.. About 40 participants from 30 companies participated with great interest. Over 50% of the participants have represented the business sector network.
In addition to six interesting lectures on the following topics:
1. IT security and data sovereignty – Are you prepared for everything?
2. New Requirements for Risk Management – Standard revision ISO 9001 & ISO 14001 in 2015
3. More projects in time – Critical Chain Management!
4. Plan, project, reality – Score points with SharePoint!
5. Project management in virtual teams and
6. Project Management Offices
was a workshop “Project Management – Benchmark” performed in which 27 visitors of the PM-Day participated. The objectives of the workshop were:
• To be the platform for evaluating the internally implemented project management systems.
• To be the opportunity for cross-company meetings and discussions of the reached levels of maturity of the project management of your own company compared to others.
• Be the place, to discuss best practices, the effectiveness and efficiency in the application of the methods and tools of professional project management.
• Derivation of potentials for further development of the project management (PM) on the basis of the own assessment results against the background of the IPMA project management standard.
• Documentation of the workshop results and making them available to the participants.
• Promotion of further self-assessments and the derivation and implementation of company-internal improvements.
All participants of the workshop have participated with great commitment, great motivation and a high concentration. Workshop summary shows that almost all participating companies have a number of significant potential in all project phases and project elements. Here are the topics on process level:
• the qualification of clarification and specification processes,
• more detailed debate to the project environment and the stakeholders involved,
• the implementation of a systematic change management process in the project,
• the consistent implementation of a project-related risk management, …
Here are the priorities at management level:
• Definition of roles and responsibilities in the project and PM,
• Improve project communication in the vertical and horizontal way and cross-project,
• a requirements-based resource endowments (all project resources)
• Improving stakeholder management, …
The project management day was a great success and there will be a “remake”!
For inquiries regarding to the PM-Day, the workshop-results or my service offerings around the professional project management, please contact me!